Comanche Nation Residential Youth Shelter is a licensed 24 hours, 7 days a week children shelter through the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The shelter has been operational since 2009; we have provided a safe haven for child survivors of abuse, neglect, and abandonment in several counties in Oklahoma.
We provide a secure stable environment for our children while they are in our care. To promote and encourage their hopes and dreams so that they will always know that there is a place that they can be safe from whatever brought them to us. To allow our children to be children and enjoy their lives in an environment that embraces them and allows them to be who they are in their culture.
- Seven active contracts with several other Tribes
- Tribal agencies
- Award of Excellence in Providing Care & Compassion for Comanche Children
- Victim of Crime Grant
- BIA Funding Award
- CPR, First Aid Trained Staff
- Certified Food Handler Permit Staff
- Certified First Respond Mental Health Staff
- Certified Medication Coordinator
- Certified Administration Assistant
- Gently used clothing "all sizes"
- New toiletry items; combs, brushes, body wash, shampoo, conditioners
- Movie tickets, fast food coupons
- Prayers & Good wishes