OFFICES CLOSED: Attention Comanche Tribal Members, Comanche Nation offices will be closed Friday, June 18, 2021 in observance of the new federal holiday, "Juneteenth". Offices will reopen on Monday, June 21, 2021 at regular business hours. See memo attached from Chief of Staff, Julia Mantzke. VIEW PDF
To preserve historic and sacred landmarks of the Comanche Nation
- Performs technical review assuring total compliance under the NHPA.
- Participates in public forums to enhance knowledge of the Nation and the general public.
- Provides research on land records and produces maps for plotting of cultural sites.
- Works with government officials, scholars, researchers, artists, educators, students, elders, and tribal members, on Comanche history matters.
- Provides information to tribal members in the form of copies, photographs, language, history, and art.
- Reproduces historical data for tribal members.
- Promotes tribal functions.
- Assists the Nation with legal issues on cultural resources (i.e. Medicine Bluff).
- Provides general guidance for tribal programs.
6 SW D Ave
Lawton, OK 73507
Phone: (580) 595-9960
Fax Number: 5805959733
PO Box 908
Lawton, OK 73502
Tribal Historic Preservation Officer
THPO Administrative Assistant
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm